Do you live and breathe Big Ten football, basketball, hockey or Women’s sports? Maybe you love a specific team and have a passion for writing and being creative with your favorite team and are looking for an outlet for that passion?
If so, talking10.com wants you to be part of our team. We’re looking for the best and brightest, and those willing to have fun while also seriously covering this league in a way it hasn’t in the past.
Here are the positions we are hiring for:
– Team-Specific Beat Writers:
- Illinois Fighting Illini
- Indiana Hoosiers
- Iowa Hawkeyes
- Maryland Terrapins
- Michigan Wolverines
- Michigan State Spartans
- Minnesota Gophers
- Nebraska Cornhuskers
- Northwestern Wildcats
- Penn State Nittany Lions
- Purdue Boilermakers
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
– Social Media manager (responsible for managing all 15 accounts and overall strategy)
– Big Ten Football general writer
— Football recruiting reporter
— Big Ten basketball reporter
– Hockey reporter
– Baseball reporter
Requirements for all positions:
– Must write a minimum of two articles per week (minimum 300 words per article)
– FOOTBALL ONLY: Must be available to contribute predictions for staff piece for every Friday
– Have a social media presence and be active on Twitter and/or Fancred
– For those covering teams, must be able to contribute postgame reports (football and basketball) in a unique and timely fashion. Also be available to post during games and/or be on site for games.
– Must be able to communicate via e-mail and/or social media in a timely manner.
– Must be able to write at least one original piece per week and brainstorm own article ideas for weekly articles and work with editors on article ideas.
– Pay may be available depending on position and performance, also willing to do it as internship for those still in school.
– Must be able available to cover majority of games (we can work with SIDs and potential game credentials or press access as needed) either in person or from home.
How to Apply:
– Send resume and two links to writing samples (or actual samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will read all submissions and respond with an answer regardless of approval or not.
– If you have questions, please follow us on Twitter @talkingB1G or get a hold of us via e-mail and we will answer any questions you have.
– We strive to be the independent voice covering the Big Ten conference and its 14 teams in a unique and passionate manner. Started in 2014, we’ve carved out a good niche in Big Ten coverage, but have expanded our reach to include 14 team-specific branded websites along with our overarching Big Ten coverage. We continue to grow our audience on a monthly basis and would love for you to be a part of this growing team.